Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Importance of Being Hydrated


Drinking water is often not really thought about but holds such an importance to our health. Our bodies are made up of more than half of water. Each cell, tissue and organ in our body needs water to function correctly. There are many positive health benefits when drinking the recommend amount of water.



One question that people seem to be confused about is how much water should I drink each day? The question varies and depends on different factors such as your health, how active you are and where you live. Different factors that may influence the intake of water needs are intense exercise, environment, illness or health conditions and pregnancy.

A simple and easy way to remember the average amount of recommendation of water intake is by the rule: “drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day” (because all fluids count towards your daily total).

Tips on drinking more water:

  • Make it a habit - when you wake up in the morning pour yourself a glass of water and forcing yourself to finish the whole glass before starting your day.
  • Make it convenient - keep water bottle with you on your day and make sure it is visible.
  • Personal tip - For me it is easy for me to keep track of how much water I am supplying my body with. One of the products that I recently bought was a refillable water bottle with measurements on the side. With the refillable water bottle I can easily keep track of how much water I am intaking. A tradition water bottles doesn't have measurements on the side so I get confused on how much water I am drinking. The water bottle is reusable and eco friendly to the environment.


A lot of people are always searching for new ways to improve their health and often time the answer is simple. Drink more water!


No comments: